The MPPA Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in 1989 and in 2005 the responsibility for the awarding of Scholarships was turned over to the MPPA Foundation. The fund was created to assist children of MPPA members. Children of active members, retiree’s, or medically retired members are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- All applicants must submit a letter of application. The letter must include the name of the parent and whether the parent is active, retired or a medically retired member. The city where the parent works or worked, and the applicants address.
- Letter must include the post secondary institution the applicant will attend, the address of the Financial Aid Office for the post secondary school, and the applicant’s student ID number.
- The most recent CERTIFIED Transcript from the high school or post secondary school the applicant is attending must accompany the letter of application.
- Applicant must be an undergraduate student.
- Applicant must be a full time student. A full time student is defined as the completion of a minimum of 12 semester credit hours.
- Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better to qualify. Applies to all applicants.
- Scholarship is for the fall and spring semesters only.
- First time applicants – applications will be accepted from March 1 through April 15 of the current year. The CERTIFIED transcript must be from the semester that ended in December or January prior to the application. For successful applicants, a letter will be sent to the applicant and the applicant’s high school notifying them of the scholarship award no later than May 1st.
- Second time and subsequent applicants – Applications will be accepted from June 1 through June 30 of the current year. Letters will be sent to successful applicants no later than August 1st.
- Scholarship awards will be sent to the applicant’s school no later than August 15th.
- Applicant must have completed a semester as a full time student immediately prior to submission of the application.
- Scholarship is renewable for 5 consecutive years.
Mail letters of application to:
MPPA Foundation Scholarship Program
c/o Jerry Williams
2206 Massachusetts Avenue
Butte, MT 59701